Friday, March 7, 2014

Dirty Chai & I'm HUGE

Last weekend, the Winter issue of Dirty Chai went live on ISSUU-- take a peak!  There is some great work that I think you will enjoy:


And again, we are open for submissions.  (Reading period started March 5th and will go until May 5th-- hopefully publishing before Baby #3 is born.)  We've decided to fore go a theme this time around and I'm excited at what kind of work lifting that "restriction" will bring.  A few times during our last reading period, I had to decline some seriously amazing writing just because it didn't fall in line with the theme.  It's a hard thing to do when you see quality work-- and I just let some of it walk away! (Wahhhh!)

So, if you've been wanting to wet your feet in small press publication- think about submitting!  You can find the submission guidelines here.
----------------------
As for other news, things on the home front are going great.  It's hard to believe I still have to get through all of March, April and May before this baby comes.  I can't imagine my stomach growing any larger than it already has.  I've been helping out some friends of ours the last few weeks, watching their 18 month old son 3 days a week (this was the last week he'd be coming over) and yesterday, the Dad commented that his wife's stomach was (as big as mine is now) just before she gave birth.  Just to give you an idea of how huge I already am.  HA.

But, I am also in no hurry for time to pass quickly.  I've found myself a bit - emotional while playing with Abram.  I keep reminding myself that these last couple months are the last that him and I have together just the two of us.  With Garrett at work during the day, and Eva in Kindergarten-- Abram and I have the weekdays to play and snuggle and laugh.  Pretty soon our days will be filled with the company of a little lady and my time will again be split.

Bringing life into the world is such an interesting, complicated, emotional thing.  Parenting is single handedly the most simultaneously satisfying and challenging experience I've had.  I've learned so much about myself, my patience, and the capabilities of my heart from these little people, than from anything else in my life.

Ah, I'm so full of hormones.  HA.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh I'm full of hormones, too, and you make me get all sappy! Haha! I love it! And... she's definitely going to come early. I can't imagine how you can get bigger over the next three months! Hahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love to read what you have to say! Keep the comments coming!