Thursday, June 12, 2014

Help Katie : Senseless Domestic Violence

Sometimes there are no words.   Sometimes monstrosities of this magnitude render us speechless. I'd like to share this news story with you:
 

Katie is the cousin of one of my close friends from high school.  Her family and friends are asking for our help to raise money for the cost of Katie's medical bills.  I'm asking you guys to pray, donate (if you can- any little bit helps) and to share Katie's story with as many people as you can.


“Has he ever trapped you in a room and not let you out?
Has he ever raised a fist as if he were going to hit you?
Has he ever thrown an object that hit you or nearly did?
Has he ever held you down or grabbed you to restrain you?
Has he ever shoved, poked, or grabbed you?
Has he ever threatened to hurt you?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then we can stop wondering whether he’ll ever be violent; he already has been.” 

3 comments:

  1. I wasn't able to see Katie's story. It says that the plug in is not supported, but I'm unsure if that's on your end or mine since I'm on a phone.

    I wish I had money to donate, but I just don't right now. I'm honestly just trying to get enough for rent. But she has my prayers and I will pass this on. I also recommend tweeting @thegoodbloggess if you can. She retweets a lot of thing when people need help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This story just breaks my heart. I've known Katie and her parents through the years (through Nicole) and have always loved them so much. I can't imagine any family going through such a devastating and tragic situation. They really need all the help they can get.. prayers, thoughts, and donations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart goes out to Katie and her family--I'm so sorry this happened to her!

    ReplyDelete

Love to read what you have to say! Keep the comments coming!